Thursday, May 10, 2012

Get Skinny the 6 week body challenge by Scott Schmaltz

Okay let's get real here, we're closing in on summertime and we're all going through the
"I want to wear a bikini this summer!"
phase. 

Which means crazy diets here we come!
Well!
I had a wonderful opportunity to review a book called :

Get Skinny the 6 Week Body Challenge
by Scott Schmaltz

Now to be honest I've tried lots of diets (ha I don't even think I can count them all!). Up until I had kids I never had a weight issue, I was one of those lucky ones that could eat whatever whenever and maintain a healthy weight! But after kids my weight became an issue, and I became very self conscious.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not as self conscious anymore, but lets get real! I'd like to fit back into my pre-pregnancy pants haha!

When I got this book I was surprised how small it was, I mean heck most books are as big (if not bigger) as the bible!! But this book is less then 200 pages, which if you're a fast reader like me, really only takes an hour or so of your time. But still, the size left me a bit skeptical about whether or not there really was six weeks worth of information in it!

I was wrong.

Now as much as I'd like to claim that I did this 6 week body challenge and came out with a bikini ready body, I cannot. I can say though, that I have done it for about a week now and am loving how easy the book makes it. (and as a mom of three easy is something I have to have) It's jam packed with good information, helpful tips on foods and exercises and encouraging words.

The greatest thing about this book is the breakdown. Now what I mean by breakdown is simple, they break everything down to you and explain why and how. Leaving you with understanding of what you're doing and why. I hate being told to do a certain thing but never understanding why I'm doing it, not knowing what it's effecting and how. But with this book they explain everything to you.

"If you are thinking about losing weight but don't know where to start, let Get Skinny! The Six-Week Body Challenge be your guide. Unlike other fitness books on the market, this six-week body challenge won't leave you feeling confused about what you need to do to permanently lose weight and change your life."

Each chapter of this book starts off with with a confessional of sorts (I hate using the word story here because they're more then just stories, they're someone's journey). I loved that each chapter started off this way, it's very encouraging and helps to show that while everyone's story/journey is completely different and we all have certain struggles, it can be overcome.


Now I want to address something that most of us don't want to hear. This is a life change, and to be honest I think this is the reason 90% diets fail. You cannot go into this (or any diet for that matter) thinking that once you get the results you want you can go back to your old ways and maintain the change. No. This is something you must be ready to commit to for
FOREVER!
Now if you're ready to commit to changing the way you live, eat, exercise, live life! Then you are ready to lose weight and get healthy.

"No matter how busy you are or how good it feels to eat when things aren't working out, trust me, food isn't the answer. Makes small changes and remember to stay strong. Today can be your first step to a better future."

In this book you'll find:
  • Meal Plans (now this I thought was awesome, they have a women's plan and a men's plan which is great because lets be honest, men and women have completely different bodies)
  • Workout Plans (these are really great and helpful, especially if you've never done a workout or have gone into a gym and all you can think is "where do I even start!?" Well they tell you where and how!)
  •  Stretching Routine (This is my favorite part of the book because after stretching I feel ready for anything!! It's almost like a boost and really helps when I have sore muscles)
  • Recipes (Oh yes, there are recipes! Granted you have to purchase them from their website, a mere $0.99, but they are yummy! Sweet and Sour chicken is a favorite dish and now I can still have it and have it be healthy! SCORE!)
  • And lots more...  
Now that you're probably wondering where you can get the book ;) here's a few links to use!
 
And be sure to check out the author:
 
 And always remember
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram me!

Instagram

Share It